Sunday, April 06, 2008

Clarks Fork Studio

Im going to attempt to take you through my painting process here. I've been thinking about letting a few of yall know how i paint a bit more, but everytime i start painting i usually forget to stop and take a picture of the progress shots. Last wk when working in the studio Jen revived the challenge in me.



Puddles of mixture that is the starting point of my color and values, warms with cools. Again, starting with a limited palet of rd, yw, blu, white. Mixing paint is ALWAYS A JOY!



Here's my plein air study that i'll be useing for color references. I had a couple issues to resolve here that i wanted to say a little differently in the studio piece. Mainly that the scene wasn't so "boxey" so i enlarged it to a 12 x 16 format. I had some other issues with it feeling "chaulky" I don't know how else to say it here other than chaulky. Kinda like that feeling in your mouth right after you eat a tums or something like that. Bad annalogy though!



Here is my basic compositional changes, a little more opened up and a better feeling and more ways to get into the painting.



After initial block in and the fun begins! Now i get to play and stick to the left side of brain instead of using the practicle right side of my brain.



Finished painting

Thanks for looking in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home